Friday 15 February 2013

Spiced Banana Muffins


So. Tonight I made muffins for the first time. It wasn't half as hard as I expected. I'm not completely certain why I thought it would be more difficult than say... cake. But I did. And they turned out great! 
It was a little stressful, but by following the top tip of the guy who looks a lot like The Bandit, I managed to make hygienic, tasty muffins. Obviously he has a driving hat and a cooking hat.

Banana Spice Muffins

This recipe is from the Genuine American Cookie and Muffin Book.

Line a muffin tray and set oven to Gas 6/200C

Sieve the following together in one bowl: 
12 oz plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

In another bowl combine the following with the whisk: 
(add the milk last, cos it goes funny with the hot butter)
2 eggs
240 ml milk (just under 1 cup)
6 oz soft brown sugar
4 oz butter, melted
1 tsp Vanilla essence (I hadn't got any, they're still edible, but prob better with)
2 bananas mashed, but still chunky

Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until they are combined. 

Put 2 tbsp of mixture into each muffin cup. 

Bake for about 18-24 minutes, until the muffin tops spring back when gently touched. Allow to stand for a couple of minutes, then put on a wire rack to cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment