Tuesday 26 March 2013

Extreme Crochet


So. I decided I wanted to do some Extreme crochet.

Mainly because I wanted one of these, which I saw on a ripped out page from an Observer magazine from June 2006.

So I bought a load of yarn in the Ice Yarn garage sale (40 balls for £40 inc delivery, and omg how awesome was the delivery... they TEXT me to tell me it was about to arrive!)

And then I was like... hmmmm. Need a hook. So I checked with my friends, in case one of them had one they'd gone off. No luck.

So I made one. Out of Fimo.

 I basically made it black. With a cut-off Yo Sushi chopstick inside to give it some rigidity (thanks mum).



Then I got a bit over excited with some bits of crazy ass sample stuff my sister gave me that she'd made with some silver stuff and bright fimo and a pasta machine, which had kinda broken into bits cos I've had it over a year now...

....and so now I have a crochet hook that looks like a pink snake exploded all over it. But in a good way.


Also. I photographed it next to the sellotape to give it some scale. Professionals use rulers, but I couldn't find one. Just get hold of a roll of sellotape and kinda... squint.

No comments:

Post a Comment